|Job Title: Customer Care and Registration Officer||Reports to: Customer Care and Registration Supervisor|
|Direct Reports: None||Division: Operations|
|Department: Marketing and Business Development||Unit: Front Office|
|Current Grade: N/A|
The overall purpose of this job is to register and invoice corporate and cash patients seeking medical services at the hospital in line with established procedures of partners and the hospital.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Receive, confirm, and register patients (corporate, individuals, Insurance schemes) in the system in an accurate and timely manner;
- Sending pre-authorization requests for both outpatient and inpatient clients to insurance and making follow-ups on approvals;
- Processing both cash and corporate patients before admission;
- Confirming that cash patients are able to raise bills if not, provide guidance and advise them on possible alternatives for referral;
- Directing patients to the respective service points in a timely manner;
- Processes interim bills and ensures posting and submission of invoices to credit control and processing of all pending final bills;
- Addressing and solving complaints and disputes whenever they arise and escalating where necessary;
- Responding to external and internal phone calls and ensuring that the callers are satisfied and assisted; and
- Any other responsibility assigned to the jobholder by the supervisor from time to time.
Internal Relationships: Nursing, Finance, Security, Customer Care, Stores, Diagnostic Units
External Relationships: Patients, Patient Relatives, Insurance Companies, NHIF, and Other Hospitals.
Knowledge, experience, and qualifications required
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Front Office Management, Public Relations and Communication, or any other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
Technical & Behavioural competencies
- Customer Service skills;
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Computer literacy skills
- First aid skills
- Problem-solving skills
Responsibility for finances and physical assets
- The job holder has accountability for consumable stock
- The jobholder’s decision-making authority is based on existing guidelines and in consultation with a direct supervisor.
Working Environment: Minimum disagreeable conditions in the environment.
Job Hazards: The job has a very slight chance of accidents or hazards.
|Name of Jobholder:||Signature(s):||Date:|
|Name of Supervisor:||Signature(s):||Date:|
|Name of HRM:||Signature(s):||Date:|